First impressions III: Beautiful Melody

Initially I was thrilled when I got to know that I would be learning the saxophone when I first took up the internship. Who would have thunk I would be getting to attend an orchestra perform in concert. I heard the National Taiwan Symphony orchestra perform in Taichung city yesterday and it was simply breath taking. Music is an essential element in every school in Taiwan. And luckily the family I am closest to is very musically inclined. I have heard some amazing classical music-western and Taiwanese in the last few days thanks to Hui Yu.

And today came as a bonus, who would have thunk I would come to Taiwan, get to learn the sax and the piano and then attend two music concerts in the same weekend? Today I got to listen to the hucha, yang-qin, teetha, basoon, saxophone, flute among other instruments in a concert organised by Tzu Chi. Two visually challenged little adorable girls performed too. One sang traditional chinese songs while the other one Taiwanese song.

Its amazing how when the words do not unravel into meaning, yet when combined with melody can touch your heart so deep.

3 Response to "First impressions III: Beautiful Melody"

  1. fishbowl says:
    May 31, 2010 at 11:44 PM

    I'm enjoying following your blog and this sounds like a double treat alright:)

  2. kams says:
    July 7, 2010 at 12:18 PM

    beautifully written!!

  3. Monica says:
    July 15, 2010 at 9:36 AM

    Thanks guys. Sorry for the long break.

Post a Comment